[SoC] Update on Mapguide

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Jul 21 21:00:37 EDT 2010

On 07/19/2010 10:56 AM, Rohit Razdan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The last week, with the compilation done, I made changes to the windows
> build process of Mapguide, making it possible to compile with a different
> xerces and dbxml. I also made packages for xerces, xalan and dbxml. The
> tentative plan for this week is to now attempt GCC 4.4 compilation and
> continue with the testing for the dbxml upgrade in parallel, My main problem
> right now is that I have lost access to my Linux development machine. Me and
> my mentor have arranged to make alternate arrangements. Besides, I will be
> moving to a new city so in the forthcoming week, I anticipate 2-3 days lost,
> while I settle in and arrange for internet.
>
> Regards
> Rohit

Rohit,

I would suggest you try running a local Virtual machine with Linux to
test your compiling.
Virtualbox http://www.virtualbox.org/
is a good free desktop app for running virtual machines, and you can
install any Linux OS as a guest. If you want something quick and easy
you can start with the OSGeo Live VM based on Ubuntu which you can get
from http://live.osgeo.org/download.html

Let me know if you have questions about that.

Thanks,
Alex