[SoC] My 4th week report

Ashraf Hossain ashraf10bd at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 02:06:46 EDT 2010

Hi All,

This whole week I studied only the standard data format which will be easily
incorporateable to the engine and also reduce the complexity.
I got that if we use a base street layer and upon that we use different
layer for different public route and if the both layer share the common
nodes(end points of a feature are treated as node in graph), then the
execution complexity is reduced.

But I noticed that the public transit like train station and river port are
generally far away from the street. At that case this node will be
unreachable or we have to apply a search of closest node which will make
this more complex. But instead of this if we add simple walking layer which
connects the nodes from street to station and port, then we can generate a
very smart path with lesser time.

I also noticed that the bus route if we treat the whole polylines between
two bus stops as single feature and the end points are end points of the
general street layer then the execution complexity will be reduced as I
stated before.

Next week Task:
-------------------------
I am implementing the public route support with my proposed data format,
next week without time support. I will use simple dijkstra's algorithm for
this.

Problem:
My only problem is that I do not have the standard data format I proposed
but I will make this for myself.

My Details report is as follows.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/opengraphrouter/wiki/GSoC2010_report_20100614

Regards