[SoC] uDig GSoC / weekly report

Craig Taverner craig at amanzi.com
Tue Jun 22 07:21:38 EDT 2010

Hi Davide,

Some suggestions for the Neo4j catalog. Since Neo4j only allows a single
process to access each database, but multiple threads can access the
database through a common instance of the GraphDatabaseService, you could
consider doing the following:

   - Make an instance of the catalog entry (GeoResources) for each actual
   database location on disk. This will appear as an instance in the catalog
   tree, and could be named with a URL describing the location. For example I
   simply use file:/home/craig/.amanzi/neo for my applications URL.
   - Then underneath that each layer has its own name, and the complete URL
   could be, for example: file:/home/craig/.amanzi/neo#Layer1
   - This allows multiple databases containing multiple layers.
   - You can drag the layers onto the map as with normal udig layers.

If you want to see sample code, let me know and I can give you access to my
SVN server.

Cheers, Craig