[SoC] Signing up as a mentor

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Mon Mar 8 02:09:56 EST 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 01:11, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)
<tmitchell at osgeo.org> wrote:
> I'm also interested in helping mentor, in particular on project related
> to collaboration between the FOSS geo products out there.  I've talked
> to a few about refining this proposal, so that it is focused on tweaking
> features in QGIS or Mapnik or even GRASS if there is interest.  As
> opposed to running it as a stand alone project like proposed last year :)

Welcome, welcome :D Cross project collaborations have a special place
in my heart :D
You can count on my support!

> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Cartographic_Engine

Perhaps you could create a Summer of Code 2010 section where some
concrete projects would be listed?
Things like "add support the use of cartographic symbols for line data in QGIS"

--Wolf