[SoC] Signing up as a mentor

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 9 18:42:47 EST 2010

Wolf wrote:
> Let's hope you get selected so we can do cross-project
> co-operation.
> This is a great opporunity to get our communities to know
> each other better.

Along these lines I was thinking that we should mention
something similar in the application about using GSoC as a
great opportunity to get all the diverse collection os OSGeo
umbrella projects to break out of their individual dev/discuss
groups and get to know each other and each other's codebases
better.  Communication good, redundancy bad!

I hadn't thought of inter-org communication as part of that,
but now that y'all mention it greater-SoC does bring the FOSS
dev world together in a positive and rather rare way.

regards,
Hamish