[SoC] Signing up as a mentor

Dane Springmeyer blake at hailmail.net
Tue Mar 9 21:25:14 EST 2010

On Mar 9, 2010, at 2:04 PM, Wolf Bergenheim wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 23:28, Dane Springmeyer <blake at hailmail.net>
> wrote:
>
>> For now, as the Mapnik project we are applying as a mentoring
>> organization,
>> but either way (if we are accepted or not accepted) I'd like to be
>> involved
>> in mentoring and helping discuss any projects involving scalable/
>> print
>> output from OSGEO software.
>>

> Yay!! \o/
> Cross-boundary projects! I'll be on this like white on rice! ;)
>
> Let's hope you get selected so we can do cross-project co-operation.
> This is a great opporunity to get our communities to know each other
> better.

Yes, you bet, thanks!

In line with that, I'm also tracking yet another GSOC page, as the
OpenStreetMap GSOC organizer is also interested in better printed
output for OpenStreetMap data, and since both Mapnik and QGIS work
nicely with OpenStreetMap data, the students that might work on this
project should also be, at the least, connected.

See: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/GSoC_Project_Ideas_2010#Paper_Output_Projects

Dane