[SoC] Fwd: Now Accepting Applications from Students

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Mon Mar 29 18:27:08 EDT 2010

Okay the student applications will start rolling in now, so every one
please log in to melange, check your Notifications and fill in the
mentor form to complete your status so that you can start commenting
on the applications. We are not going to use the built-in voting
system, but you can use that to indicate your preference to your
fellow mentors.

Once all student applications are in, Each project should consider
their applications and rank them, and then give the ranked list to the
admins. We will then sort out a "pecking order", like we have done
each year and start giving out slots. For the list of applications you
want to mentor I urge you to be hones, and be prepared to have
preferably two mentors for each student. If we don't have enough
students for that, no problem, we'll have to make do with what we
have. But be honest in judging the amount of students you can mentor.

Regards,
Wolf Bergenheim
OSGeo GSoC Administrator