[SoC] Re: [Qgis-developer] GSoC Weekly report #12: DB Manager plugin for QGis + Import layer

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 18:48:26 EDT 2011

Hi Giuseppe

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 5:58 PM, Giuseppe Sucameli
<brush.tyler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've updated the wiki page [1] adding the weekly report.
>
> This week I've completed the import layer for the postgres provider.
>
> To try this feature you need to checkout the branch import_layer [2] on
> my GitHub repository.
> I've also added the python bindings, so see at the wiki [1] to know how
> to run it from python console.

Good to hear it is working. I will try to test that soon.

Please implement the support also for OGR provider - that should boil
down to just a few lines of code when using QgsVectorFileWriter. In
QGIS 2.0 we could move the code of this class to OGR provider and then
remove that class. One more thing to consider for the importLayer
functionality: providers may need some provider-specific options -
e.g. in OGR this would be the name of the driver. That could be passed
in another optional key-value parameter (QMap<QString,QString> ?)

Martin