[Soc] TDSP implementation for pgRouting Weekly Report

Jay Mahadeokar jai.mahadeokar at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 17:12:57 EDT 2011

Hi,

Thanks Daniel, you have been a constant source of support and motivation
throughout the GSoc timeline. I would like to specially thank Steve for
always being there and providing his insights and suggestions on the design
while brainstorming, as well as suggesting out important improvements. It
has been a great experience and learning curve and as I would love to keep
working with you and pgRouting in future.

Thanks again!

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 1:22 AM, Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at swoodbridge.com
> wrote:

> Hi Jay,
>
> I would like to echo Daniel's kudos on your project. You have done an
> excellent job this summer. It has been a pleasure to work with and I hope
> you have learned a lot and had a similarly good experience. I know you have
> school work to go back but we would be happy to work with you on other
> projects that might interest you and benefit pgRouting.
>
> Many thanks for all your efforts and looking forward to working with you in
> the future.
>
> Best regards,
>  -Steve
>

> On 8/22/2011 7:42 AM, Jay Mahadeokar wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Final Weekly Report
>>
>> I had completed the goals earlier, and in last week I check with my
>> mentor for things that needed to be done as last steps. I also completed
>> the documentation.
>>
>> The final code can be found at [1].
>> Documentation to test and run the algorithms implemented is at [2] [3]
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/pgRouting/**pgrouting/tree/gsoc-tdsp/<https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/tree/gsoc-tdsp/>
>> [2] https://github.com/pgRouting/**pgrouting/wiki/TDSP-Details<https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/TDSP-Details>
>> [3] https://github.com/pgRouting/**pgrouting/wiki/APSP<https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/APSP>
>>
>> This was a wonderful experience and I look forward to keep contributing
>> to pgRouting and OSGeo in future.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 6:37 PM, Jay Mahadeokar
>> <jai.mahadeokar at gmail.com <mailto:jai.mahadeokar at gmail.**com<jai.mahadeokar at gmail.com>>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>    Hi,
>>
>>    Weekly Report #11
>>    Date - 12th Aug 2011
>>
>>    Current Progress.
>>    ------------------------------**------------------------------**
>> ------------------------------**---
>>    I completed the APSP algorithm and removed a few bugs and problems
>>    that were present in the previous draft.
>>    Updated the github repository, I also wrote a tutorial to get
>>    started, run and test the algorithm. [2].
>>
>>    For TDSP algorithm, I polished the code, added comments etc. Also, I
>>    wrote a plsql data generator function that generates random time
>>    dependent data corresponding to the ways table. It demonstrates the
>>    tdsp algorithm in a better way. I have added the plsql function to
>>    github repo too. [3].
>>
>>    Next weeks goal
>>    Write tutorial for testing using random data, work on documentation
>>    etc. Keep doing some tests. Discuss about packaging the algorithm
>>    with pgRouting library.
>>
>>    [1]https://github.com/**pgRouting/pgrouting/tree/gsoc-**tdsp<https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/tree/gsoc-tdsp>
> [...]

-Jay Mahadeokar