[SoC] GSoC weekly report 9 (Astronomical image processing plug-in for Opticks)

Yiwei Zhang zhangyiwei79 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 12:12:43 EDT 2011

Hi,

In this week, I finish the de-convolution algorithm for image enhancement

I modify the convergence determination of the original method. I define the
maximum difference ratio as the maximum pixel value difference of the
updated data and original data divided by the maximum gray scale value
subtract minimum gray scale value. If the ratio is smaller than a threshold,
it means the change in image is trivial and the convergence is reached, so
the iteration will stop.

Also I create a dialog for user to set the parameters of de-convolution
algorithm. And I conduct tests on galaxy, Jupiter images to analyse the
performance of de-convolution algorithm
The detailed report can be found at:
http://opticks.org/confluence/display/~yiwei/Status+Report+for+Week+9%2C+GSoC+2011

Next week I will begin to implement star brightness measurement function