[SoC] Re: GSoC 2011 Weekly report - OSM data mining and editing capabilities in uDig and Geotools

Mirco Franzago mircofranzago at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 19:51:35 EDT 2011

Weekly report #2
==What I did==
- The main work was to set-up the whole devel enviroment: eclipse + udig +
neo4j.
- I forked the repository on github for my code: [0], [1] and [2] are
respectively
the repositories for udig, neo4j and neo4j-spatial.
- The target was to have eclipse with the udig sdk took from github, just as
neo4j, to be able to commit the udig code and the neo4j code from the same
envoroment.
- I set-up the apache maven tool and the e-git plugin to be able to use them
directly from eclipse.
- After these steps and some fighting against the jars to import it was
possible to execute udig with the neo4j plugins and to test the main
functionalities.
- I started the code analysis to understand where "put my hands" next week
:-)

==Next week plan==
- Fix some last problems for a "new git user" with the commit command.
- Finally start the "real" coding after the initially head-cracking
problems.

[0] https://github.com/mircofranzago/udig-platform
[1] https://github.com/mircofranzago/neo4j
[2] https://github.com/mircofranzago/neo4j-spatial