[SoC] GSoC Weekly report 6 (astronomical image processing plug-in for Opticks)

Yiwei Zhang zhangyiwei79 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 16:27:00 EDT 2011

Hi, all

I am working on astronomical image processing plug-in for Opticks. Since I
will attend an international conference tomorrow, I have to post my report a
little bit earlier.

In this week, I finish the implementation of two kinds of local non-linear
sharpeners for image enhancement. I create a parameter dialog for user to
select the filter to use, the extreme value operator or local adaptive
sharpening operator. Also the user can select the window size to apply the
filter. The contrast value is used for modify the contrast effect of local
adaptive sharpening. The larger the value, the larger the contrast.

Also I have tried to test these two methods with astronomical images like
spiral galaxy M101 and Jupiter.

The details of the report can be found at:
http://opticks.org/confluence/display/~yiwei/Status+Report+for+Week+6%2C+GSoC+2011

Next week I am in the Netherlands for the conference and will return next
weekend