[SoC] Re: [Qgis-developer] DBManager plugin for QuantumGIS (GSoC 2001)

Giuseppe Sucameli brush.tyler at gmail.com
Tue May 24 12:05:46 EDT 2011

Hi Marco,

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 5:05 PM, Marco Hugentobler <
marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch> wrote:

> Similar to Radim, I'd prefer to have an integration with QBrowser and its
> model.

as I wrote, it's ok for me to use the QgsBrowserModel and QgsDataItem to
create the tree,
in fact I added it to the wiki yesterday.

I also want to improve providers adding the import layer functionality to
allow to
move/copy layers between different providers and I had wrote that to my
proposal.

What I don't like it's to create DBManager as a C++ plugin or just as a
QBrowser
extension. Python code is easily maintainable, furthermore the
QBrowser/DBManager
won't do heavy computation, so is there a good reason to develop it using
C++
instead of python?

Regards.

 Since the browser classes are in the source tree, they are easy to

--
Giuseppe Sucameli