[SoC] GSoC Week 1 Report
Margherita Di Leo
dileomargherita at gmail.com
Mon May 30 06:21:03 EDT 2011
I am Margherita Di Leo and my GSoC project is Graphical User Interface for
the hydrological tools r.stream* in GRASS GIS. The aim of my project is to
develop a Graphical User Interface for r.stream modules. The interface shall
simplify the user's approach with hydrological modeling.
Work done in week 1
* Set up Wiki page at: http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Wx.stream_gsoc2011;
* Code repository at:
not commit every week but rather only when I need testing)
* Set up local development environment by downloading and building
r.stream modules for GRASS 7.
* Design the arrangement of elements in the GUI
Work to be done in week 2
* The organization of project. Check the functions to do tasks. List of
tasks and possible functions to do that. Which functions will be main
processes (used only once to do something) which will be secondary processes
called several times.
* How to solve problem of "local region" in previews. It must not affect
on global region and not to change it if module will stop before finishing.
* Where and how previews will be stored (mapset, temporary directory in
~/home). To keep it multi-platform, it is important to handle paths in
windows and unix.
If you have any questions / hints, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Eng. Margherita Di Leo
Methods and Technologies for Environmental Monitoring
Department of Environmental Engineering and Physics (DIFA)
University of Basilicata
Campus Macchia Romana
85100 - Potenza
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SoC