[SoC] Report #3, GSoC, GRASS Image Segmentation
eric.momsen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 21:52:10 PDT 2012
Sorry for the day late report. I was pushing to have the basic algorithm
going, and wanted to report that it already works.... alas, it compiles,
but there is still some other bug or logic error I still need to find...
* I/O works, the module can read imagery groups into segmented (tiled)
files. (Thanks Markus for spotting the incorrect function names!)
* Updated pseudocode, adding details as my understanding of the processing
steps (and of C) are getting better
* Started coding the segmentation algorithm
Plan for next week:
* Get the basic segmentation algorithm running
* I will have a number of options and more speed/memory improvements in the
code to work
* Not stopping work, but the toughest part is considering what data
structures to use, trying to balance speed for small/medium maps but also
be able to have enough RAM for very large maps.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SoC