[SoC] OSM and Neo4j in uDig - GSoC Report Week 3
carolbhansen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 07:15:10 PDT 2012
I apologize for the late report.
*What did I do this week?*
- Continued working on a new OSM Importer: Experimented with the
relationship between OSM XML file attributes/tags and the StAX parsing API,
in order to specifically concentrate on relevant "way" nodes for routing
(still in progress)
- Successfully uploaded/pushed my files to GitHub
- Setup my uDig Wiki page:
- Went over more design pattern concepts (Factory and Decorator) to help
me more fully understand the StAX API
*What will I be working on next week?*
- Continue working on new OSM Importer and routing research
- Continue Neo4j Indexing tutorials and continue Chap 4 tutorials
- Continue going through design patterns book as needed
*Did I meet with any stumbling blocks?*
- Not sure why my parser test isn't printing out all the nodes/tags of
the OSM XML file
- My computer has been running very slow especially when using Eclipse.
So I ordered more RAM to install. Hopefully this will solve the problem and
save me more time.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SoC