[SoC] OSM and Neo4j in uDig - GSoC Report, Week 4
carolbhansen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 12:46:27 PDT 2012
I hope all is well. This week was a really great week. Things started to
click and come together as far as understanding Neo4j within Java, how to
index, the parsing API, etc.
*What did I do this week?*
- Successfully created a rough draft of my OSM Importer, integrated with
- Installed more RAM. My computer is so happy, and so am I. It was the
first time I ever installed hardware.
*What will I be working on next week?*
- Continue working on the new OSM Importer and routing research
- Finish parsing for "tag" elements with relevant attributes for routing
(ex: "highway")...also determine which attributes are relevant
- Continue going through design patterns book as needed
- Figure out the next step, once the importer is solid.
*Did I meet with any stumbling blocks?*
- Was able to troubleshoot fairly easily this week...though I couldn't
have done it without my mentor, Davide!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SoC