[SoC] Porting discontinued Axios Spatial Tools into uDig core 1.3 - weekly report
gsoc at mcfoi.it
Fri Jun 22 08:11:00 PDT 2012
This week was not so outstanding as I hoped.
*What did I do this week?*
- Finally grabbed the essence of Git and GitHub magic for successfully
cooperating with the developer community
- Stated to unveil the secrets of the uDig UI lifecylce
- Performed some exercising trying to fix some bugs of the
*What will I be working on next week?*
- Keep on studying all aspects relevant to user-UI interaction in uDig
- Start studying the source code of original Axios "Arc" tool,
understand its' use cases and design its porting in the new environment
*Did I meet with any stumbling blocks?*
- Yes.. ..could not find a way to open by code a piece of the UI (a
custo "view": MergeView.java). This would have allowed me to propose to the
community a solution to a known bug of the eu.udig.tools.merge tool.
Suggestions from the community were tested but without luck. Probably I am
missing some key concept in how uDig UI works.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SoC