[SoC] Symbology Improvements in QGIS - Weekly report 5

aruntheguy at gmail.com aruntheguy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 22:23:39 PDT 2012

Hello all,

Oh! God. The week has already ended? At least it is not the case for me.

What I did this week?
This week has been one of the toughest weeks of GSoC coding period.
Not because, I had so much difficult things to code, but getting
things right in terms of usability. As I have planned, I worked on the
Symbol editor, making it modal-less. Made the symbol editing simpler
by bringing all the layers and sub-symbols to a tree structure. That
took a bit of head banging. Then moved on to integrate the Symbol
selector and the symbol editor as a single thing. It is the major part
of the project and brings down usability pain considerably. I am now
working on creating the widgets that would be required to make up the
symbol selector-cum-editor.

What next week?
I hope to finish the Symbol Selector-cum-editor and integrate it with
the Vector layer properties. I have asked the Mentors to help me with
testing. I plan fix any bugs that prop up, refactor code and get the
deliverables ready for the first mid-term evaluations.

Bottlenecks:
Nothing, as usual. Only a bit of confusion of how to merge the two
things into one without compromises, but managed to figure it out.

--
Regards
Arunmozhi