[SoC] OSM and Neo4j in uDig - GSoC Report, Week 6
carolbhansen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 10:32:23 PDT 2012
*What did I do this week?*
- Making progress on the OSM Routing Importer:
- Indexed Way Nodes by highway name (have to figure out how to test to
make sure I implemented it properly)
- Researched possible Java libs I can use to calculate distance between
nodes using long/lat. Will try one or two of them out today. So far I've
found simplelatlng, LatLongLib, and possibly GeoTools.
- Attempted to debug my code within the second parsing method, which
obtains relevant Tag element info, but still unsuccessful.
- Cleaned up my git repo.
*What will I be working on next week?*
- Finish up OSM Importer
- Start integrating Routing Algorithm
*Did I meet with any stumbling blocks?*
- I had trouble figuring out why my program is not successfully
accessing relevant Tag elements or reading Node end tags within the OSM XML
file. Will continue working on this.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SoC