[SoC] OSM and Neo4j in uDig - GSoC Report, Week 6

Carol Hansen carolbhansen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 10:32:23 PDT 2012

Hello everyone,

*What did I do this week?*

   - Making progress on the OSM Routing Importer:
   https://github.com/GretaCB/Routing-Project/blob/dc8c4dc3b49a6927f66c1f30d8b00c2d60ade9b2/neo4j/src/main/java/org/neo4j/neo4j/OSMRoutingImporter.java
   - Indexed Way Nodes by highway name (have to figure out how to test to
   make sure I implemented it properly)
   - Researched possible Java libs I can use to calculate distance between
   nodes using long/lat. Will try one or two of them out today. So far I've
   found simplelatlng, LatLongLib, and possibly GeoTools.
   - Attempted to debug my code within the second parsing method, which
   obtains relevant Tag element info, but still unsuccessful.
   - Cleaned up my git repo.

*What will I be working on next week?*

   - Finish up OSM Importer
   - Start integrating Routing Algorithm

*Did I meet with any stumbling blocks?*

   - I had trouble figuring out why my program is not successfully
   accessing relevant Tag elements or reading Node end tags within the OSM XML
   file. Will continue working on this.

Thank you,
Carol Hansen
http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/HACK/Neo4j+Shortest+Path+API+for+OSM+data