[SoC] Proposal: QGIS Processing Framework improvements

Camilo Polymeris cpolymeris at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 16:48:24 EDT 2012

Hello all,
as you may know (or not), I participated in last year's GSoC with
Quantum GIS, creating a "Processing Framework", that allows the user
access to data analysis tools from the GIS UI:

http://polymeris.github.com/qgis/

The focus last year was on the general framework & SAGA support. This
was very well received, and we saw the addition of Orfeo as a backend.
There are also plans to add support to further libraries & to create a
"module workflow builder", a graphical interface to the interaction
capabilities provided by the framework.

The experience was very rewarding, so I'd like to apply again this
year, with a project to improve on last year's work, adding
multithreaded support, UI improvements & SAGA support for the
remaining modules.

The full proposal can be seen at the GSoC page:

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2012/polymeris/11002

Any comments are very welcome.

Regards,
Camilo