[SoC] Presentation

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 03:43:11 EDT 2012

Hi all

I have just registered as mentor for GSoC: I am interested in
extending QGIS analytical capabilities, using my experience from the
past years as main developer of the SEXTANTE geospatial analysis
library.

A first version of the SEXTANTE processing framework for QGIS is about
to be released, and there are many areas of improvement, among which
the following are the most interesting, in my opinion:

-Addition of new algorithms
-Improvements in the usage of non-file-based data sources
-incorporation of remote processes (WPS)
-improvement of the framework architecture

All of these I think could be developed within GSoC.

Best regards

Victor