[SoC] GRASS Image Segmentation - Report 1

Eric Momsen eric.momsen at gmail.com
Fri May 25 12:23:36 EDT 2012

Hi all,

Results:

There is a wiki [1] and source code repository [2] for the project.  Most
of the work has gone into the wiki, writing the specifications and reading
papers about image segmentation.  A first draft program outline (almost
pseudocode, with lots of questions mixed in :) ) for the program is
available in the repository.  My goal was to have a clear big picture
before getting into code details, and I feel pretty good about having
reached that point this week.

Next steps:

1. Examine some existing source code to see if any existing GRASS neighbor
finding and tile caching functions should be used to reduce the new code
required in this module.

2. Second draft of the pseudocode.

3. Start the actual code.

Blocks:

Nothing yet.  The mentors from the project have quickly answered my
questions, which is a huge help.

Regards,
Eric

[1] http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GSoC_2012_Image_Segmentation