[SoC] C# Projects

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 12:54:23 PDT 2013

On Tue, 9 Apr 2013 01:03:38 +0530
Diyoda Sajjana <diyoda.sajjana at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have seen that *OSGeo* has been selected to GSOC13 :), As have seen
> you should be having c# projects accroding to the selected
> organizations list. But in the ideas list I was unable to find such
> project. Are there any c# projects to contribute as a GSOC
> participant.

Hello Diyoda!

thanks for asking: official OSGeo projects that use C# are few, and
mainly for bindings: GDAL and FDO in particular.

http://www.osgeo.org/gdal_ogr
http://fdo.osgeo.org/

One of the projects that is not officially part of OSGeo, but is
definitely geospatial, and is hosted on OSGeo-Live DVD, is MapWindow:

http://www.mapwindow.org/

I suggest you to contact the developers and ask them if they are
available to discuss your project idea and mentor it.

> Thank you.
>
> *Diyoda Sajjana Mannapperuma
> **Undergraduate
> **Department of Computer Science and Engineering
> **University of Moratuwa.*

All the best!
Anne
--