[SoC] Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo has been accepted at Google Summer of Code 2013!

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 09:51:07 PDT 2013

On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 22:25:34 +0200
Massimiliano Cannata <massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch> wrote:

> [...]

Very good!
A few confirmations arrived so far, please keep them coming.

Soon I'll enable mentor registration process. In the meanwhile,
would-be mentors can show their interest on specific ideas, by adding
their names next to its description on the Ideas wiki page.

I suggest that each Idea is supported by two mentors, especially if it
requires coding + domain-specific knowledge.

All the best,
Anne

> Maxi
>

> On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 9:22 PM, Anne Ghisla <a.ghisla at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello all, and sorry for cross-posting,
> >
> > Hamish, Dustan and I have the great pleasure to announce that OSGeo
> > has been accepted once again as a mentoring organization to the
> > Google Summer of Code program [0]!
> >
> > What to do now?
> > - OSGeo project representatives and guest projects: confirm your
> >   participation by replying to this email, on soc list
> > - Would-be mentors: have a look at Mentors Guide, discuss with
> >   previous years' mentors and wait for more instructions on how to
> >   register. All links and info can be found at [1]
> > - Would-be students: talk with the developers of your preferred
> >   project(s) and start working on your proposals. Have a look at the
> >   ideas pages for inspiration [2]
> > - All: feel free to discuss on soc mailing list on how to improve
> > this year's SoC, and add your ideas to the wiki [3]
> >
> > Next item in calendar: Student application period opens - April
> > 22nd [4]
> >
> > [0] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/accepted_orgs/google/gsoc2013
> > and http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2013/osgeo
> > [1]
> > http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2013_Administrative
> > [2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2013_Ideas [3]
> > http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2013_Improvements
> > [4] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2013
> >
> > All the best!
> >
> > Anne Ghisla, Hamish Bowman and Dustan Adkins
> > --
> > OSGeo GSoC Administrators 2013

Anne
--