[SoC] GSOC 2013 Proposal : "Fixing Limitations in Pyroute - OSM"

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 02:10:28 PDT 2013

On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 08:00:23 +0530
Russel Nickson <me at russel.in> wrote:

> This is Russel Nickson.
>
> You can find the online version of the proposal @
> http://www.russel.in/gsoc2013/osm-pyroute-proposal/
>
> I am a 21 year old lad from India with a great programming passion.
>
> I am currently pursuing my masters in College of Engineering, Anna
> University, Chennai, India. I had computer science major in my
> undergrad and I am currently pursing M.Tech Remote Sensing (GIS being
> my favourite subject).
>
> I have a great interest for anything which relates to technology. I
> have had my experience of programming across different platforms
> which include Android, python, PHP, Java, Javascript, C, C++. I am
> fond of maps as since early days google maps where launched and were
> open.
>
> Recently, I came to know about openstreetmap.org and found it to be
> too good for open source. Reading more about it, I came to apps like
> FourSquare and Facebook Maps are also built using open street maps.
> And that is awesome! I am eager to contribute to openstreetmap.org
> given a chance.

Hello Russel,

thanks for sharing your idea, I look forward for more comments from OSM
mentors.

This list is not OSM specific so you could be more successful in
finding a mentor by contacting the pyroute developer[s] directly. I had
a quick look at pyroute wiki page and it seems unactive. Here again I'd
ask OSM mentors for guidance on which routing project is welcoming
contributions.

All the best,
Anne
OSGeo GSoC Admin