[SoC] GSoC'13 OpenTripPlanner-for-Android Weekly Report #8

Vreixo González vreixo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 16:28:50 PDT 2013

Hi all,

*What did I do this week?*
*
I have been all the week making improvements to the UI and correcting bugs,
because we have decided to make a release really soon to the market:
changed route display, added boundaries control , changed some dialogs,
incorrect camera movements, corrected some aspects related to saving app
state and restoring, geocoding had some problems too,...

One important point is that I have solved a big issue related to the
serialization of OTP server response that were binded to OTP classes that
were not serializable. For this I have create one branch for the
opentripplanner-pojos project that OTP android client uses:
https://github.com/CUTR-at-USF/opentripplanner-pojos/tree/GSoC2013

Another good step forward was that now API key for publish to the market
the updated app is working.

*What will I be working on next week?*

- Make the final tweaks to the app and release this update to the market
and wait for users comments and reports about bugs that they may experience.

- Document the application. Create documentation in the wiki about how app
work's internally to make it easier to understand and to contribute and
probably revise and extend code documentation and commentaries.

- If it's possible, continue with more new development of the app, with UI
redesign, new features and error messages more clear and concrete.

*Did I meet with any stumbling blocks?*

- The part of the serialization of Java objects was a bit challenging.

Kind regards,
Vreixo González