[SoC] Resource sharing in QGIS - Weekly Report #9

aruntheguy at gmail.com aruntheguy at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 07:36:51 PDT 2013

Hello all,

What I did this week?

As planned, I worked on creating a new app in qgis-django repository called
"styles". This app will provide the API required for sharing layer styles
through the qgis.org repository. I went through the Styles exported by
QGIS, listed the metadata that could be useful for filtering, searching and
sorting. Used them in the model and created the page to upload the styles.

Commits here: https://github.com/tecoholic/qgis-django/commits/gsoc13
Documentation wiki:
https://github.com/tecoholic/qgis-django/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code-2013
https://github.com/tecoholic/qgis-django/wiki/Styles

What I plan to do this week?

I am going to build the API required for QGIS to talk to the remote
repository. Implement the URL calls that will be required and plan on how
to integrate it with the QGIS desktop application.

--
Regards
Arunmozhi