[SoC] GSoC'13 OpenTripPlanner-for-Android Weekly Report #10

Vreixo González vreixo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 13:02:36 PDT 2013

Hi all,

*What did I do this week?*

I have finished the new UI, with different buttons, theme, shapes, some
functionality changes ... is a totally different design for the most part.
I had to make custom buttons for some app functionalities as compass and
myLocation because Google ones are not possible to move and they didn't
allowed me to make a good design (well, is possible to move them with a
very hacky and unstable workarounds that probably will fail when a new
version of Play services arise).

The other part was to solve small bugs that had appear with the new
interface (also some other ones or little improvements) and finally solve
the problems storing the state for markers. I did realize that was better
to don't even save the markers because they had information that was
already retrieved and just store the necessary information and recreate
them (although I regenerate some things on restart all the process is at
least as fast).

*What will I be working on next week?*

- Add new functionalities to the UI as add day and time request to planed
trips (along with some information about the time and date of the results)
and maybe bike parameters.

- If is it possible start with some documentation of the App.

- Correct new bugs that I probably will discover.

*Did I meet with any stumbling blocks?*

- Not specially.

Kind regards,
Vreixo González