[SoC] OSSIM GSoC 2013 Weekly Report #3
mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 07:17:48 PDT 2013
=== Weekly Report 4 ===
''' What did you get done this week? '''
* Main work was on parsers. OWSLib can handle openDAP, WCS, WMS services
but Thredds catalog may not have them all the time.
* I had made a parser for such Thredds catalog for getting netCDF files.
* Its based on simple xml and had a standard way but since xml parsing has
a lot of boundary [[BR]]
conditions to be checked it took most of my time.
* Parser has been made reclusive and it has X levels in a Y sub-level. X
and Y both being big numbers.
* I had also modified the gui for import, using a QWizard instead of a
* Apart from that I also tried with some IPython code which can visualize
a .nc dataset
* Bounding box selection is still simple and making it interactive was
planned for this week.
* But It seems interactive bounding box have less priority after
discussing with my mentor
USGS Thredds which doesn't have any OGC services cannot be queried and no
lib exists. [[BR]]
Some gui elements are optional for Thredds without any OGC Service
''' What do you plan on doing next week? '''
* I will continue the work Thredds catalog.
* Now I had two pieces separately. NC viewer(IPython) and data importer.
* I plan to merge both inside PlanetSasha and make that module complete.
''' Are you blocked on anything? '''
* Nothing. But parser making taking a lot of time than expected
Weekly report #4 
Screenshots of new PlanetSasha available here 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SoC