[SoC] OSSIM GSoC 2013 Weekly Report #3

Rashad M mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 07:17:48 PDT 2013

[[BR]]

=== Weekly Report 4 ===

''' What did you get done this week? '''

 * Main work was on parsers. OWSLib can handle openDAP, WCS, WMS services
[[BR]]
   but Thredds catalog may not have them all the time.
 * I had made a parser for such Thredds catalog for getting netCDF files.
 * Its based on simple xml and had a standard way but since xml parsing has
a lot of boundary [[BR]]
   conditions to be checked it took most of my time.
 * Parser has been made reclusive and it has X levels in a Y sub-level. X
and Y both being big numbers.
 * I had also modified the gui for import, using a QWizard instead of a
single QWidget.
 * Apart from that I also tried with some IPython code which can visualize
a .nc dataset
 * Bounding box selection is still simple and making it interactive was
planned for this week.
 * But It seems interactive bounding box have less priority after
discussing with my mentor

USGS Thredds which doesn't have any OGC services cannot be queried and no
lib exists. [[BR]]
Some gui elements are optional for Thredds without any OGC Service
(WMS/WCS/CSW). [[BR]]

''' What do you plan on doing next week? '''

 * I will continue the work Thredds catalog.
 * Now I had two pieces separately. NC viewer(IPython) and data importer.
 * I plan to merge both inside PlanetSasha and make that module complete.

''' Are you blocked on anything? '''
 * Nothing. But parser making taking a lot of time than expected

Weekly report #4 [1]
All reports[2]

Screenshots of new PlanetSasha available here [3]

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/ossim/wiki/GSoC_2013/Reports#WeeklyReport4
[2] http://trac.osgeo.org/ossim/wiki/GSoC_2013/Reports
[3] http://trac.osgeo.org/ossim/wiki/GSoC_2013/Screenshots

   Rashad