[SoC] GSoC'13 OpenTripPlanner-for-Android Weekly Report #5

Vreixo González vreixo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 17:55:16 PDT 2013

Hi all,

*What did I do this week?*
*
I have continued with bug solving because new ones appeared and I have
found new parts of the app that are programmed but not working.

I have solved the problems with saving the state, now app saves and restore
it correctly. I need to add more things to the saved state, but the
mechanism finally works. Now app on restart behaves correctly.

Process to select servers and custom server is finished. Now options are
redesigned and more clear, previous selected servers are always remembered
and error checking is performed. I have created an asynchronous task to
perform this checks, to use custom server only if well defined. This task
is now also used to retrieve server information so UI is not blocking
anymore.

I have worked on github's project page filling bugs to document program
issues and its resolution.

Also this week I was doing more reading on Android life-cycle, fragments,
maps and other related stuff and good practices to make the things with the
correct approach.

*What will I be working on next week?*

- I have talked with mentors and we have decide to change to Android maps
API V2 (maintaining the use of OSM tiles), so I will need some time for
this.
- I have found that metadata from custom server is not retrieved correctly.
- Geocoding needs some more tuning.
- Repair some minor bugs and do small UI additions, but only after change
to V2 is finished to don't waste the time.

*Did I meet with any stumbling blocks?*

- Not particularly.

Kind regards,
Vreixo González