[SoC] GSoC'13 OpenTripPlanner-for-Android Weekly Report #12

Vreixo González vreixo at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 11:13:20 PDT 2013

Hi all,

*What did I do this week?*

I have finished with the implementation of Date and Time selectors for the
route requests. I have really finished with the implementation of the UI of
the bike parameters (that had many changes respect to the previous week)
and some of the functionality.

The UI of the bike parameters is connected to the main class and I retrieve
all the data, but I didn't put it yet in the requests.

I have solved some minor issues and I have uploaded all the changes and
putted the repository completely up-to-date (previous week work was not
until now in the repository).

Last part is that I have contacted the bus company to obtain the GTFS but I
don't have, so far, an affirmative reply. I also had a meeting with my
thesis professor to have some more additional guidance and to speak about
future additions to the app.

*What will I be working on next week?*

- I will finish with the implementation of bike parameters, modifying also
the project that the app uses to model the server responses to backend
classes (https://github.com/CUTR-at-USF/opentripplanner-pojos).

- I will start to implement a solution to set the markers to points where
no geocoding results are obtained. If is too much consuming I probably will
stop it. This will be the last functionality, for what I have talked with
Stephan and Sean.

- Continue deeply testing the app and resolve all the issues that will
appear.

- Documentation.

*Did I meet with any stumbling blocks?*

- I had some problems to implement the date and time dialogs as I first had
imagine them. As I was stuck, I have changed the design of this part of the
UI, and I think that this new approach is even better than the original
(and also the code is more clean), so, should remain like this.

Kind regards,
Vreixo González