[SoC] OSM cgimap GSOC 2013 report #10

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sat Sep 7 15:02:45 PDT 2013

What did I get done?

- pgsnapshot merged with upstream cgimap

- Draft of a more formal spec for a JSON interchange format, based on the
current cgimap/jxapi/pyxapi format:
https://github.com/osmlab/openstreetmap-json-spec

More people looking at the spec would be welcome, particularly by potential
users of json osm data from the API

- various bugs raised and fixed

- After spending a lot of time delving into apache docs, I think I have a
config which does the appropriate proxying to allow an editor to be pointed
at it, and traffic to be directed to cgimap/upstream as appropriate. This
took a lot longer than anticipated.

Upcoming:

Pencils down date for code is the 10th. I'm probably going to spend a day
getting stuff ready for submission to GSoC then tackling the optimization
backlog for the apidb sql.

After that, it's a week for documentation. This will probably include JSON
documentation.

Issues:

The apache config was the last big issue I was able to foresee. There could
be unknown issues, but I can't comment on them.

More eyes on https://github.com/osmlab/openstreetmap-json-spec would be
welcome.