[SoC] Mentor Introduction

Conrad Bielski conrad_bielski at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 28 02:15:18 PDT 2014

Hi,
my name is Conrad Bielski and I'm going through the process to become an OSGeo GSoc mentor. Since this is the first time that I will be mentoring, I was thinking of being the backup mentor for the project OTB ICE extension for Monteverdi2: implementation of dynamic functionalities.

My areas of interest are in automatic information extraction from remotely sensed data and the visualisation of this information and that is why this particular project that Martina will be working on caught my interest. I have been working with OTB for over 5 years and think that this type of functionality will be very interesting for Sentinel-2 data (but of course other sensors as well).

In the past, I have worked at JPL and the JRC mostly with information extraction from remotely sensed data but also with ground based laser 3D reconstruction and high performance computing for image processing. For just over a year, I have started my own consulting company that focuses on providing high performance computing solutions for customers geospatial computing problems.

Have a great day,
Conrad :)