[SoC] UbuntuGIS Weekly Report 11

Jerome Villeneuve Larouche jlarouche at mapgears.com
Fri Aug 1 12:28:26 PDT 2014

This week I kept working on gt-metadata. I compiled a new version on
gt-opengis and JSR to make sure I had the right version required by
GeoTools. But I still get the template error while compiling.
I got a small fix for one of the error by removing the template in the
code, but I'm not sure it's a safe fix. So I posted my issue on the
GeoTools mailing list and Jody pointed about the Java env while
building. I'll look into that next week.

Here are the errors I'm getting if anyone has an idea what might be
causing it:

In MeasurementRange.java:253

Error:(253, 26) java: method getConverterTo in class
javax.measure.unit.Unit<Q> cannot be applied to given types;
    required: javax.measure.unit.Unit<capture#1 of ?>
    found: javax.measure.unit.Unit<capture#2 of ?>
    reason: actual argument javax.measure.unit.Unit<capture#2 of ?>
cannot be converted to javax.measure.unit.Unit<capture#1 of ?> by method
invocation conversion

In DataRange.java:115

Error:(115, 22) java: method getConverterTo in class
javax.measure.unit.Unit<Q> cannot be applied to given types;
    required: javax.measure.unit.Unit<capture#3 of ?>
    found: javax.measure.unit.Unit<javax.measure.quantity.Duration>
    reason: actual argument
javax.measure.unit.Unit<javax.measure.quantity.Duration> cannot be
converted to javax.measure.unit.Unit<capture#3 of ?> by method
invocation conversion

For next week, I'll probably build the new version of Grass and some
plugins on UbuntuGIS while trying to fix gt-metadata.

--
Jérôme Villeneuve Larouche
www.mapgears.com