[SoC] GSoC 2014 Ideas Page

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 2 14:56:13 PST 2014

Sandeep wrote:
> I would like to know when the ideas page for GSoC 2014 will be up?

Hi,

I hope to have the main pages up later today. Starting in the next
days we (OSGeo) will apply to Google for participation in this year's
GSoC program. Over the next two weeks interested OSGeo projects and
like-minded geo projects we act as an umbrella for should work hard
on their ideas pages -- feedback from Google is the ideas pages is
perhaps the most important thing they look at when deciding what orgs
to accept each year. And since there are many more orgs than they can
select, they like to rotate who they accept each year (>30% ?);
there's always a chance we won't be chosen to make room for someone
new. So over the next two weeks we really need to perfect our ideas
pages, ***they'll be reviewed by Google staff in the days after org
applications close on Feb 14th*** so we must have them all ready by
then.

Thanks to those who have already started!

If we are selected, student applications open on March 10.

regards,
Hamish
(on behalf of Anne & the osgeo-gsoc admin team)