[SoC] GSoC [pgRouting] Weekly Report #3: Implementing VRP-Pickup and Delivery Problem for pgRouting

Manikanta Kondeti mani.iiit123 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 08:00:08 PDT 2014

Hi all,

*Project*: Implementing VRP-PDPTW for pgRouting.
*Report Number*: 3

* <My initial plan: >*

* I will spend few more days on understanding simulated annealing code.
* After that will start designing data structures and proceed according to
the plan mentioned in proposal.

*<What did I do this week>*

* Collected a few more resources which are useful for VRP & read them all.
Watched some videos related to VRP.
          * Resource-1 *-
http://neo.lcc.uma.es/vrp/solution-methods/metaheuristics/tabu-search/)
           *Resource-2 - *http://youtu.be/A1wsIFDKqBk?t=44m53s)
* After reading these resources got to know some more heuristics. Read
Clarke and Wright algorithm and Implemented it. Tested it with some data
and it worked fine. Ofcourse there are some bugs in it. Will try to solve
it.
         *  Source code - Clarke and Wright Algorithm --             *
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/tree/gsoc-vrppdtw/src/vrppdtw/src
* Discussing with my mentors about heuristics and also regarding test data.

*<What will I be working on next week?>*
* By now initial plan is set i.e.. we need to apply some heuristic to get a
basic feasible solution. Next step is to discuss with my mentors and see
what optimization technique is appropriate and easy to implement.
* Design the data structures and collect all the test data into separate
folder.

*<Did I meet with any stumbling blocks? >*
* At the moment I’m not blocked.

*Important links*:

Link to Weekly Report:
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/GSoC-2014-Manikanta-Kondeti-R