[SoC] GSOC Weekly Report #4 - PostGIS View Module for Cartaro

Naveen Panwar panwarnaveen9 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 10:07:14 PDT 2014

Hello,

Please find the GSOC week #4 report as follow.

Report URL -
https://github.com/panwarnaveen9/View-Module-for-Cartaro-GSOC2014/wiki/Code-Week-%234

*Weekly Report (8th June to 14th June) -*

*Aim* - Design the spatial relationship functions for the module.

*Things, I have done this week*

   -

   Worked on available code for spatial queries in Cartaro.
   -
      /supporting_module/postgis/views/postgis_views_handler_filter_geometry.inc
      - /supporting_module/postgis/postgis.test
   -

   Identified and ranked the Spatial functionality which we are going to
   provide the Cartaro's user in View module.
   -

   *Available functions* -
   - ST_Contains, ST_Intersects, ST_Disjoint
   -

   *New relational functionalities* -
   1. ST_Covers — Returns 1 (TRUE) if no point in Geometry B is outside
      Geometry A.
      2. ST_Equals — Returns true if the given geometries represent the
      same geometry. Directionality is ignored.
      3. ST_Touches — Returns TRUE if the geometries have at least one
      point in common, but their interiors do not intersect.
      4. ST_Within — Returns true if the geometry A is completely inside
      geometry B.
      5. ST_Overlaps — Returns TRUE if the Geometries share space, are of
      the same dimension, but are not completely contained by each other.

*Things to do next week*

   - Write the code to provide above functionalities.
   - Implement OpenLayers hooks for code.

*Reference Modules/Files* -

Hooks for Views integration -
/supporting_module/postgis/views/postgis.views.inc

*Am I blocked on anything ?*

Yes, In this week I was struggling to reflect the sample changes of PostGIS
view module in cartaro. I will discuss it with mentor/co-mentor and try to
resolve it by this monday.

*Naveen Panwar*
IIIT-Hyderabad, India.
+91-9030736015