[SoC] UbuntuGIS Weekly Report 4

Ben Caradoc-Davies Ben.Caradoc-Davies at csiro.au
Sun Jun 15 19:31:18 PDT 2014

On 16/06/14 05:59, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> On 16/06/2014 12:09 am, Jerome Villeneuve Larouche wrote:
>> For next week, I'll probably start looking into packaging .war to .deb
>> file. I'll ask around to what package I should start working on. So
>> I'm open to suggestion.
> One the the most prominent java OSGeo packages is GeoServer, (which
> pulls in projects like GeoTools and JTS etc).
> I suggest that focusing on GeoServer would be the best project to start
> with.

+1. That would be my choice as the target for greatest impact.

Jérôme, plugin packaging should be straightforward. Each plugin should
be a separate .deb. GeoServer plugins are collections of jar files that
should be installed in WEB-INF/lib (each has its own README). Other
files (licences, documentation, and tutorials) could be installed in
/usr/share. Care is required to identify non-free jar files (e.g. jdbc
drivers).

Kind regards,

Software Engineer
Australian Resources Research Centre