[SoC] Week 5: GRASS GIS 3D flowlines

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 20:33:30 PDT 2014

Hi all,

1. What did you get done this week:
I was traveling, so unfortunately not much. I improved the flow
accumulation computation by integrating voxel traversal algorithm which I
thoroughly tested. The explanation is here [1] and code [2].

Then, with mentors we updated the plans for next few weeks.

2. What do you plan on doing next week?

I will implement better integration method - Runge-Kutta with adaptive step
size. The following step is to implement gradient computation used locally
on-the-fly to get the velocity field (I won't be using the gpde library).

3. Are you blocked on anything?

No.

[1]
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2014/ImplementationOf3DRasterFlowLine