[SoC] GSOC Weekly Report #5 - PostGIS View Module for Cartaro

Naveen Panwar panwarnaveen9 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 06:47:56 PDT 2014

Hello,

Please find the GSOC week #5 report as follow.

Report URL -
https://github.com/panwarnaveen9/View-Module-for-Cartaro-GSOC2014/wiki/Code-Week-%235

*Weekly Report (15th June to 21st June) -*

*Aim* - Implement the spatial relationship functions for the module.

*Things, I have done this week*

   - Added new content type with geometric field in WKT(Well Known Text)
   format.
   - Worked on Views configuration UI.
   - Customized the format (content / field) in Views.
   - Configured and tested the different criteria under filter and sort of
   Views.
   - Understood the different terminology of Views interface which are as
   follow
      - Display
      - Filter
      - Content versus Fields
      - Pager
      - *Contextual filters*
      - Exposed filters

*Mentor Suggestions*

   - Most of spatial relationship operations required a second geometry B.
   Right now the PostGIS field only supports geometry B from contextual
   filters in Views.
   - We need to implement a simple WKT field in the PostGIS configuration
   mask for a manual geometry B input as an alternative to the contextual
   filter.

*Things to do next week*

   - Understand the Form API and query functions customization in Views.
   - Mid Term Evaluations.
   - Test and implement the relational functions.

*Reference Modules/Files* -

   - Views terminology -
   http://www.drupalgardens.com/documentation/views/terminology
   - Contextual filters -https://www.drupal.org/node/1578558

*Am I blocked on anything ?*

No. But I think, we need to implement functionality to take inputs for
Geometry B via Forms.

*Naveen Panwar*
IIIT-Hyderabad, India.
+91-9030736015