[SoC] UbuntuGIS Report 5

Stefan Steiniger sstein at geo.uzh.ch
Sun Jun 22 13:28:07 PDT 2014

Hi Jerome,

with respects to java tools/software for which packaging would be nice,
besides Geotools and Geoserver, there is:

Desktop:
-gvSIG
-OpenJUMP
-uDig
-perhaps: OrbisGIS
-perhaps: Kosmo (but should have some not-so-free packages?)

Tools:
- JTS Topology Suite (actually part of several other software, such as
GeoTools and GeoServer)
- perhaps: GeOxygene

Server:
- deegree
- GeoNetwork

All are on the liveDVD, except GeOxygene.

Need to think about further tools that are from the java tribe.
cheers,
stefan