[SoC] Mentor Neo4j Spatial

Craig Taverner craig at amanzi.com
Mon Mar 10 03:45:05 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'd like to apply to mentor projects for Neo4j Spatial, with project ideas
at https://github.com/neo4j/GSoC/wiki.

I was the originator of Neo4j Spatial in 2010, and with Davide Savazzi,
wrote the first release, and presented it at FOSS4G 2010 Barcelona FOSS4G
2011 Denver. I'm currently CTO of AmanziTel AB in Sweden, and we make
business intelligence software for mobile network operators focusing on
improving the user experience of mobile users. For this, GIS and Graphs are
key components, hence my involvement in Neo4j Spatial.

I mentored Neo4j Spatial projects in 2010 and 2011, and supported Davide as
mentor in 2012. In those years Neo4j Spatial was seen as a sub-project of
uDig, while in 2014 we are a guest project of OSGeo.

In 2014 I'm particularly interested in seeing improvements to our support
for OpenStreetMap data. Many of the projects on the ideas page were put
there by me with this in mind. However, this work will benefit any complex
data models too.

Regards, Craig