[SoC] ScribeUI Weekly Report 1 -- Demo avalaible!

Jessica Lapointe jlapointe at mapgears.com
Fri May 23 10:56:26 PDT 2014

Hi all,

*A bit of context*
ScribeUI was a GSoC2013 project last year, and I am very happy to work on
this again this year. Some development occurred during the last year, the
most important being the switch of backend from Flask to Pyramid.

That switch being experimental at first, it was developed independently
(not on a public repo).

*Work done this week*

This week I put up a cool demo of the pyramid ScribeUI version:
*demo.scribeui.org
<http://demo.scribeui.org>*

You can have fun and try out the app there, all data is erased once a day.

That version isn't available on the ScribeUI github yet.

*Work to be done next week:*

I started merging the new pyramid version with the current version already,
but it is a very tedious process, and getting that to work is probably
going to take most of next week.

*Blockers:*

That merging task sure isn't easy, but that's as expected.

*Important links:*

ScribeUI repo: https://github.com/mapgears/scribeui
ScribeUI demo: http://demo.scribeui.org/ (Note: The demo is ahead of the
repo! )