[SoC] Presentation

Eva Rodriguez rodriguez.eva81 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 03:24:16 PDT 2015

Hello everyone,

My name is Eva Rodríguez, from Valencia, Spain. Since I finished my studies
of technical engineering topography, I have been working as a SIG
technician, doing tasks related to GIS and free software. In my years of
experience, it's amazing to see the evolution of many applications and the
high technological level they have reached.

In order to contribute to this tech evolution, I would like to provide an
extension to gvSIG 2.x, in concrete, Port Network Analysis Extension to
gvSIG 2.x branch, and, at the same time, I think it will help me to
understand how gvSIG 2.x works.

My proposal is to develop a plugin to migrate all features of route
calculation from the 1.* gvSIG version to the latest one.
These are the main tasks to do:

     Route management to get the shortest path
     Optimizing the order of stops on a route
     Calculation of service areas
     Location of the nearest event
     Calculate matrices Origin - Destination
     Calculation of minimum spanning tree