[SoC] Report 11 - Add productivity tools to MapServer's ScribeUI

Samuel Lapointe samuellapointe at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 12:53:47 PDT 2015

Hello everyone. Here’s my eleventh report for the ScribeUI project.

*Completed this week*

   - The plugin finds the datasources in the map and lets the user choose
   between them. Once one is chosen, the plugin fetches the fields for that
   datasource and lets the user choose between them as well.
   - I added a preview section to preview the classes before adding them to
   the map
   - Classes generate and are added to the map. Classes are defined either
   by a simple string comparison, such as “name” = “Canada”, or with numeric
   values set between bounds. So far, numeric classes are split using equal
   intervals only.

*Plan for next week*

   - Add the ability to drag and drop colors to change their order in the
   color selector
   - Add more ways to split numeric classes
   - Classify using data taken from databases

*Blocking issues*

No blocking issues this week.

Have a nice week-end!
​