[SoC] Report 6 - Add productivity tools to MapServer's ScribeUI

Samuel Lapointe samuellapointe at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 17:11:04 PDT 2015

Hello everyone, this is my sixth report for the ScribeUI project.

*Completed this week*

   - I fixed a few bugs reported to me by a user this week (Issues #128 and
   #130)
   - Implemented websockets in a test project using gevent-socketio, but
   they’re not compatible with apache so it won’t be possible to add them to
   ScribeUI
   - Improved the export feature by dealing with more unexpected situations

*Plan for next week*

   - Unfortunatly I wasn’t able to implement websockets as planned last
   week as the only library I could find for pyramid isn’t compatible with
   apache. I will have to spend the next week to find another way to display
   progression to the user, possibly through a log file or using the same
   method as the mapcache feature.

*Blocking issues*

   - I had problems with a lack of space on my main partition, which
   prevented me from testing large exports. I managed to move some directories
   to a bigger partition so the problem is solved, but it slowed me down a bit
   - Work on websockets was a fun learning experience but it didn’t advance
   the project

Have a nice weekend, and for those of you in the US a nice independance day!
​