[SoC] Report 3 - Add productivity tools to MapServer's ScribeUI

Samuel Lapointe samuellapointe at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 12:34:23 PDT 2015

Hi everyone! Here is my third report for the ScribeUI project.

*Completed this week*

   - I had to update CodeMirror to highlight the errors the way I wanted.
   This update involved fixing a lot of bugs as the previous version was
   almost 3 years old.
   - I fixed a few bugs related to the logs
   - The errors are now highlighted in the result tab. When an error
   occurs, you can click on it in the logs to go to its location in the result
   tab.

*Plan for next week*

   - The first objective of the summer, improving the error output and
   debugging is almost complete. I want to add a link in the debug to focus on
   the correct layer in the Scribe editor section.
   - I will review my work so far with my mentors to see if there’s
   anything else I should add to these features
   - If everything goes well, I will do a first pre-release and announce it
   on the mapserver users mailing list.

*Blocking issues*

   - I had a few problems while updating CodeMirror but they’re all solved
   now.

Have a nice week-end!
​