[SoC] Report 3 - GSoC - OpenTripPlanner - GTFS-RT Validator

Nipuna Gunathillake nipuna777 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 12:47:43 PDT 2015

Hello,

This is my progress for the third week of GSoC project GTFS-RT validator
tool.

*1) What do I have completed this week?*

   - Implemented a simple background task monitoring the GTFS feeds.
      - Currently this runs the same code that was used in the OneBusAway
      Munin plugin
      <https://github.com/OneBusAway/onebusaway-gtfs-realtime-munin-plugin>.
      - Saves the received data to an SQLite database which can be accessed
      via a servlet for monitoring
   - Cleaned up some of the JavaScript
   - .Some re-factoring (package name change, copyright changes etc)

*2) What am I going to achieve for next week?*

   - Figure out ways of identifying different feeds correctly. (What
   happens if a feed is empty?) (From last week. Need to complete)
   - Connection of the monitoring and feed validation parts. (Currently
   monitoring section of the application uses hard coded URLs)
   - Write unit tests for some simple condition (eg - TimeStamp format)
   - Refining the current method used to run a background process
   monitoring the feeds.
      - Need to discuss the suitability of the current method for running
      the background task with mentors.

*3) Is there any blocking issue?*

   - Final week of the semester kept me busy and caused me to lose some
   working hours GSoC. Will be catching up on next week.

Best Regards,

Nipuna Gunathilake.