[SoC] Report 5 - GSoC - OpenTripPlanner - GTFS-RT Validator

Nipuna Gunathillake nipuna777 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 05:13:35 PDT 2015

Hello again,

Here's my progress for the fifth week of GSoC project GTFS-RT validator
tool.

Project link: https://github.com/CUTR-at-USF/gtfs-realtime-validator

*1) What do I have completed this week?*

   - Each real-time feed is now monitor in a separate thread. This thread
   is unique for  a URL.
   - Saves values gathered in to a SQLite database.
   - Completed the basic flow of gathering GTFS data and monitoring GTFS-RT
   feeds (The basic architecture is completed in order to start monitoring the
   feeds)

*2) What am I going to achieve for next week?*

   - Discussing with mentors and setting a set of test cases to develop
   against in the coming weeks.
   - Start working on the first Test Case(s)
   - Finding more rules that should be checked against (wiki - validation
   rules
   <https://github.com/CUTR-at-USF/gtfs-realtime-validator/wiki/List-of-Validation-Rules>
   )

*3) Is there any blocking issue?*

   - University exams will be held on the coming two weeks. (But, since we
   only have about 2 exams per week I should be able to catch up any missed
   work on the weekends.)

Best Regards,

Nipuna Gunathilake.